Michael Barrymore sues Essex Police over his arrest in connection with death of Stuart Lubbock
- Credit: PA
Former television star Michael Barrymore is taking legal action against Essex Police over his arrest after the death of a man in his swimming pool in the county, it has been reported.
The Strike It Lucky star was arrested in June 2007 over the death of Stuart Lubbock, 31, at his luxury home in Roydon in March 2001.
But he and two other men arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and murder were later released without charge.
An inquest in 2002 recorded an open verdict, with medical experts telling the hearing that Mr Lubbock had suffered severe internal injuries, suggesting he may have been the victim of a serious sexual assault.
Alcohol, cocaine and ecstasy were found in his system.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We cannot comment because of ongoing civil litigation.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 8 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth