Michael Chopra slams section of Ipswich Town fans who “don’t have a clue about football”
IPSWICH Town striker Michael Chopra last night hit out at fans who have attacked the side for their poor start to the season.
Talking on micro-blogging site Twitter he said fans who had criticised the team on the internet “don’t have a clue about football”.
The outburst came just 24-hours after Town were beaten by Wolves leaving them in the relegation zone. But Chopra said it was too early to judge the players and manager Paul Jewell.
In a series of posts he said: “Find it so funny reading ... the Ipswich town fans who write comments ... don’t have a clue about football.
“The proper fans have been amazing, standing by the team that’s under performed last season and at times this season but we will get things right in the end - people forget we’ve only played 6 games and we are only 2 wins off the playoffs.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t agree with fans saying I’m useless, they forget the goal against Watford I scored got us 3 points and the goal I scored against Huddersfield got us a point with me scoring - that’s 4 points out of 5.”
But some fans reacted angrily. Lewis Brown said: “These people are also allowed an opinion as they pay �30 odd quid a time to watch dross like last night.”
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
And another fan KerryBlue said: “Get your finger out you’re a disgrace this season.” To which Chopra replied: “Do one.”
He also suggested that people are happy to be critics on the internet but in person would not repeat their claims.
n Town fans have their say – Page 51.