Michael Palin to appear in Woodbridge for special launch event for Film Feast Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Much-loved British comedian, actor, writer and television presenter Michael Palin will appear at a special event in Woodbridge launching a film festival on the subject of food and drink.
Film Feast Suffolk will be held in October and the Monty Python star will be the guest at the Riverside Restaurant on Thursday, August 2.
The Riverside has prepared special three-course meal inspired by the screening of A Private Function, starring Palin and Maggie Smith.
The menu, based around the theme of the film, consists of spam fritters, piccalilli, watercress and apple salad for starters, followed by Dingley Dell pork royale, potato and mustard cake, burnt onion puree and whole baked apples for the main course.
Dessert is Roasted peach, Prosecco jelly, and yoghurt and peach semifreddo.
Dingley Dell will be sponsoring the event and representatives from the company will give a brief talk at the beginning of the evening.
Limited tickets are available for the three-course meal with Michael Palin starting at 6pm at £35 per head, which includes a ticket to the film, live on-stage interview and audience Q&A.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 9 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
There will also be an outside food option starting at 6pm of Dingley Dell pulled pork in a roll with apple slaw – these tickets can be purchased for £14 and includes the film, live on-stage interview and audience Q&A.
Finally a ticket for the film, live on-stage interview and audience Q&A only, will be £10 with the film commencing at 7:30pm.
All tickets will go on sale on Monday, June 18, at 10am and can be booked online at www.theriverside.co.uk or via the Box Office on 01394 382174.