Michael Palin to appear in Woodbridge for special launch event for Film Feast Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Much-loved British comedian, actor, writer and television presenter Michael Palin will appear at a special event in Woodbridge launching a film festival on the subject of food and drink.
Film Feast Suffolk will be held in October and the Monty Python star will be the guest at the Riverside Restaurant on Thursday, August 2.
The Riverside has prepared special three-course meal inspired by the screening of A Private Function, starring Palin and Maggie Smith.
The menu, based around the theme of the film, consists of spam fritters, piccalilli, watercress and apple salad for starters, followed by Dingley Dell pork royale, potato and mustard cake, burnt onion puree and whole baked apples for the main course.
Dessert is Roasted peach, Prosecco jelly, and yoghurt and peach semifreddo.
You may also want to watch:
Dingley Dell will be sponsoring the event and representatives from the company will give a brief talk at the beginning of the evening.
Limited tickets are available for the three-course meal with Michael Palin starting at 6pm at £35 per head, which includes a ticket to the film, live on-stage interview and audience Q&A.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
There will also be an outside food option starting at 6pm of Dingley Dell pulled pork in a roll with apple slaw – these tickets can be purchased for £14 and includes the film, live on-stage interview and audience Q&A.
Finally a ticket for the film, live on-stage interview and audience Q&A only, will be £10 with the film commencing at 7:30pm.
All tickets will go on sale on Monday, June 18, at 10am and can be booked online at www.theriverside.co.uk or via the Box Office on 01394 382174.