Mickfield: Deliberate 50-tonne hay stack fire near Debenham
- Credit: Archant
Crews tackled a deliberate 50-tonne hay stack fire for more than three hours last night.
Fire control received several calls to the blaze in Stonham Road, Mickfield, at about 6.30pm.
Firefighters from Debenham, Stowmarket and Leiston were called.
A hay stack of about 50 tonnes was well alight and was next to 150 tonnes of woodchippings.
Crews used a hosereel to dampen down while a farmer was on hand with a teleporter to pull the stack apart.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was undercontrol by 10pm with the farmer left to watch over the hay stack overnight.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart