Mid Suffolk agrees £3m pot for property investment
- Credit: ARCHANT
Mid Suffolk District Council’s cabinet has given the final sign-off for a £3million pot dedicated to buying property in the district which becomes available.
Babergh District Council is also set to approve its £3m pot soon, with Mid Suffolk’s cabinet approving its fund last week.
It means that whenever any property becomes available that is considered an asset the council will be in a position to buy it.
It could include houses or retail and commercial builds.
Glen Horn, cabinet member for planning, said: “I fully support the ability to take options as and when they come, and the current model is not fast enough to do this effectively.”
You may also want to watch:
A cap of £1.5m has been put on any single purchase.
Council bosses also confirmed that the cash would be used to invest in property in the district, and not for out-of-county opportunities like those purchased by CIFCO, the investment arm of Babergh and Mid Suffolk.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Matchday Live: Town unchanged as owner Johnson watches on
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill