Mildenhall: Accident at Chalk Hill on A11 closes road; tailbacks back to Red Lodge
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is blocked on the A11 near Mildenhall after four vehicles collided at Chalk Hill.
Suffolk Constabulary received reports that three cars and a van had been involved in an accident at about 4.40pm.
Police, ambulance and the fire service were called to the scene, which is currently blocked by the vehicles.
A diesel spillage has covered both carriageways and a diversion is in place along the B1085.
No life-threatening have been reported although firefighters were required to cut someone free from wreckage and at least one of the casualties has suffered a cut to the head.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising motorists to seek alternative routes where possible, the Jeep Cheroke, Seat Ibiza, Vauxhall Astra and Man box van are removed from the road and the diesel is cleared.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win