Hooded assailant attempts to rob man in electric wheelchair
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following the attempted robbery of a man in an electric wheelchair in Barton Mills.
The incident occurred at around 1.10pm on Monday, November 12, along a path between Jubilee Car Park and Mildenhall Road.
A man travelling in an electric wheelchair, from the direction on Mildenhall, crossed the bridge over the River Lark and was on the boardwalk section of the path when he was approached by a man who asked him for money.
When he refused the would-be robber grabbed the man by the top of his coat.
At this point a member of the public shouted at the suspect and he ran off in the direction of Worlington Road in Mildenhall.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as being aged in his 30s, just under 6ft tall and of medium build.
He was wearing a blue hooded jumper, dark blue beanie hat, black jeans, gloves and boots and spoke with a foreign accent.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
Detectives are particularly keen to trace the member of the public who came to the victim’s assistance, as he is an important witness.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference 65565/18.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.