Mildenhall: Flaming settee blocks escape from flat

A person was left trapped after a settee outside their Mildenhall flat caught fire.

The blaze broke out at around 10.50pm last night in Gonville Close.

Mildenhall firefighters were joined by two Newmarket crews at the scene after the occupant of the flat reported being trapped inside by the developing smoke.

A settee on the landing of the communal flats was still on fire when rescuers arrived, but they were able to tackle the flames using breathing apparatus and a water fog.

The fire was out within a few minutes and the everyone accounted for by around 11.30pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus