Mildenhall: Flats fire traps residents

AN INVESTIGATION is under way after a settee was set on fire outside flats in a Suffolk town, leaving one person trapped inside.

Firefighters were called to Gonville Close, Mildenhall, just before 11pm after a called reported they were trapped in a flat due to smoke.

When crews arrived they found the fire on the landing of communal flats but brought it quickly under control. Nobody was injured in the incident.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus