Dramatic photo shows aftermath of ‘youths lighting a fire’ in forest
- Credit: Archant
This was the scene after youths lit a fire - causing damage to part of a Suffolk forest.
The image, Tweeted by Mildenhall police, shows the charred remains of some wood and trees in Mildenhall Woods - which is part of Thetford Forest - as well as black marks on the ground where the flames scorched the grass.
Officers have pledged to deal “robustly” with those responsible for the fire, saying the actions of the young people were “not acceptable”.
Police Tweeted after the incident on Saturday, April 13: “Officers attended a report of youths lighting a fire near #Mildenhall Forest play park, and found this.
“Fire service attended and details have been taken of those responsible, who will be dealt with robustly. More to follow. #NotAcceptable.”
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service officers were called to the incident in Conifer Close, Mildenhall at 8.56am.
One crew was sent to deal with the blaze, with the fire under control by 9.14am.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer