Mildenhall: Grass fire spread to saplings
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out after a grass fire spread to saplings in an area of forest.
Crews from Mildenhall, Newmarket and a water carrier from Newmarket were sent to the scene in Brandon Road, Mildenhall, at 2.30pm on Monday.
Roughly 500 square metres of undergrowth was involved in the blaze.
Two hose reels and beaters were used to tackle the blaze.
The fire, which is believed to have been started deliberately, was brought under control shortly after 2.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
There were no injuries reported.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 9 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 10 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband