Mildenhall Lodge celebrates ‘outstanding’ rating with special event
- Credit: Archant
A Mildenhall care home threw a special event involving the community to celebrate being graded as ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Mildenhall Lodge, in St John’s Close, opened its doors to community representatives and a local primary school to celebrate the Care UK home’s glowing report from the health watchdog.
The event included a special buffet, live music and speeches from the Care UK team and Suffolk county councillor for Mildenhall Louis Busuttil.
Residents and visitors were joined by pupils from Great Heath Academy in the town, who provided entertainment with a special musical performance.
The children also joined the home manager, Katy Hughes, to plant a commemorative tree in the home’s garden to mark the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
The care team at Mildenhall Lodge conducted one of their regular resident votes to determine which tree should be planted – with the cherry tree coming out on top.
Katy Hughes, home manager at Mildenhall Lodge, said: “When we were named ‘outstanding’ the team and I knew we wanted to celebrate in a big way - we’re the only Care UK home offering nursing to have been awarded with this rating, so it’s certainly something to shout about.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
“We are incredibly proud of the caring environment we have created for the residents and we all had a lovely time celebrating with the local community here in Mildenhall.
“We would like to say a special thank you to the children from Great Heath Academy for their wonderful performance and for helping us to plant a permanent reminder of our fantastic achievement.”
Phillip Steyn, Care UK regional director, said: “It was fantastic to celebrate Mildenhall Lodge’s brilliant achievement at our official ceremony.
“This is an incredibly special home and its ‘outstanding’ rating is testament to the care and enthusiasm of the team here and the exemplary leadership of Katy Hughes - I know we wouldn’t have been celebrating this achievement without her at the helm.”
For more information on Mildenhall Lodge, call customer relations manager Chantal Sencier on 01638 778 590 or email email@example.com
For more general information about the home, visit: careuk.com/mildenhall-lodge