Blown out tyre causes delays on A11
- Credit: Archant
Motorists driving by the scene of a vehicle with a blown out tyre on a busy road have been urged to take care.
Officers from Mildenhall Police Tweeted at about 1.15pm on Monday, November 19 to say they were attending the incident on the southbound A11 between Elveden and Barton Mills, one of the major routes linking Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
They also Tweeted a photograph from the scene which appears to show a caravan being helped by two police vehicles, with officers telling motorists: “Please take care when driving by.”
The section of the A11 between Elveden and Barton Mills was the final bit of the major route to be dualled and was opened in 2014.
It has been credited with helping to reduce traffic delays and make parts of Norfolk and Suffolk much more accessible to tourists and businesses alike.
You may also want to watch:
? Have you spotted any traffic problems on the roads? Tell us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 8 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight