Man arrested after six-hour police incident
- Credit: MEGHAN ELISABETH-HOLLY STAFFORD
A 22-year-old man has been arrested following an incident in Mildenhall which lasted for more than six hours.
The police attended a property in Brick Kiln Road in the town at around 8.45am following a report of a man, on his own, threatening to harm himself.
Officers, including armed response units and police negotiators, attended the scene and a road closure and police cordon was put in place.
Police negotiated with the man, who had initially refused to leave the property and officers were able to bring the incident to a safe conclusion at around 3.15pm.
Nobody was hurt in the incident and there was no wider threat to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of affray and has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned.
Officers would like to thank members of the public for their patience and co-operation during the incident.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds