Mildenhall Social Club wins a top award
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Social Club has been awarded the accolade of “Committee of the Year 2017” in the prestigious Club Mirror Awards, beating off competition from around the UK.
The club was also runner-up in two further categories – “Turnaround Club of the Year” and “Membership Club of the Year”.
There to receive the award were club manager Marilyn McGuire, treasurer Carol McShane, bar steward Sylvia Manels, cellarman and caretaker Graham Manels, facilities supervisor Gary Pownall and committee members Angela Palmer, Heather Dale and Dan Singleton.
Missing from the line-up was secretary Claire Darkins who unfortunately was unable to attend the ceremony.
Now in its 26th year, the Club Awards continue to highlight the breadth and depth of clubland - from sports and social clubs, to working men’s clubs and company clubs and was held at Doncaster Racecourse.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the club John McGuire said: “It was a fabulous for us to win and recognition of how far we have come in 18 months since taking over the club.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child