Mildenhall/Stratton Strawless: Tributes to crash victim grandfather
TRIBUTES have been paid to an 81-year-old man killed in an accident on the A11 last week as he made his way to Devon to “start a new chapter in his life”.
Ken Hobbins of Bracken Close, Stratton Strawless, died when his black Mercedes collided with a white DAF truck at Mildenhall.
A family spokesman said: “At 2.10pm on November 7, Ken Hobbins died tragically in a car. Ken was on his way to meet his wife, Susan, at South Mimms Services en route to their new home in South Devon.
“They were so looking forward to moving back to South Devon and starting a new chapter in their lives. Fortunately, their dog Tilly, a German short haired pointer, miraculously survived the accident.
“Ken came to Norfolk with Susan seven years ago where they bought a house in Stratton Strawless, to be closer to his daughter, grandaughters, and Susan’s two sons and grandsons.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hobbins was released from his car by firefighters but despite the efforts of paramedics to save him, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers have renewed their appeal for any witnesses to the collision to come forward. Anyone with information should call Jeff Cribb at Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk