Mildenhall: Team bidding to find home venue for games
- Credit: Archant
THEY may be without a home ground but it is not going to stop newly-formed AFC Mildenhall playing competitively for the 2013/14 season.
The community-based club, which has 28 registered players aged from their teens to their 40s, is set to enter the Frames and Conservatories Bury District League, playing in Division Four.
However, the players will have to make a journey to the Community Centre, in Red Lodge, for their home matches as they are unable to find a pitch in Mildenhall.
Club chairman David Mower said: “We will have to make do with what we’ve got, but our dream is to play in Mildenhall and we’re hoping we might be able to find something in the near future.”
They train at St John’s playing field which they are hoping might be available for them to use for the following year, and are currently in negotiations with council officials at Forest Heath and Mildenhall.
You may also want to watch:
“It would be a shame if we don’t find somewhere locally,” added Mr Mower.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?