Mildenhall win third in a row
WINNING is a nice habit to have - even if it is approaching the end of the season for the Funky Catering Fen Tigers.Mildenhall made it three victories on the bounce as they defeated the Isle of Wight 57-37 at West Row on Sunday afternoon.
WINNING is a nice habit to have - even if it is approaching the end of the season for the Funky Catering Fen Tigers.
Mildenhall made it three victories on the bounce as they defeated the Isle of Wight 57-37 at West Row on Sunday afternoon.
Leading the way again this time with a stunning 15 point maximum was Taylor Poole who this week found his gating gloves and blasted his way to five stunning wins, including recording a time of 50.9 in heat two which was only a second outside the old track record.
The race of the night was when he was third out of the gate and passed former Fen Tiger Dean Felton on the inside down the back straight to secure the win.
You may also want to watch:
Poole was well supported by skipper Barrie Evans who raced to 11 points, and a heat six fall, but it was a strong team performance with all the riders picking up valuable point to despatch the Islanders with relative ease.
Next week the Fen Tigers again switch their start time to 6pm as they entertain the Plymouth Devils in the penultimate fixture of the 2009 campaign which is sure to be another good meeting for the supporters.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 4 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 5 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
The season comes to end on October 11 with the 2009 Renaissance Property Ltd Shareholders Trophy, which starts at 4pm, and with a host of top National League riders confirmed as riding, including all the Fen Tigers, it should prove to be a fitting end to the season.
Mildenhall: Barrie Evans 11+1 (5 rides), Oliver Rayson 7 + 3 (4), Luke Priest 7 + 2 (4), Joe Jacobs 6+1 (4), Jamie Birkinshaw 6+1 (4), Nick Laurence 5+1 (4), Taylor Poole 15 (5).
Isle of Wight: Nick Simmons 10 (6), Dean Felton 4 + 3 (5), Ben Hopwood 10 (6), Matt Wright 11+1 (5), Rikki Mullins 0 (3), Tom Hill 2 (5).