Man, 19, charged over distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man has been charged in connection with a distraction burglary in Barrow.
The incident took place between 5.30pm and 6pm on Wednesday, August 19 at a property in Mill Lane.
It was reported that a man attended and later entered a property after a short conversation with a woman in her 70s. The victim later found her purse was missing.
Lewis Falco, of Bridge End Road, Red Lodge, was arrested in connection with the incident and was later taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was subsequently charged with one count of burglary and three counts of fraud by false representation, in relation to the use of stolen bank or credit cards.
You may also want to watch:
Falco appeared before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on Saturday, August 22, where he was remanded in custody.
He is next due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on a date that is yet to be fixed.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 10 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders