Mills Meadow care home in Framlingham receives one of the top scores in nationwide Your Care Survey
- Credit: Su Anderson
A care home in east Suffolk has received one of the highest scores in the UK’s largest survey of residents’ satisfaction.
Mills Meadow Care Home in Framlingham received an overall performance rating of 966 out of 1,000 in the Your Care Survey, which places it comfortably above the national average of 871 and very close to the top score of 995.
The home, operated by Care UK, also improved significantly on the previous year’s score of 850 and received top marks under a range of headings including tidiness, overall satisfaction, and speaking to senior members of staff.
Mills Meadow manager Susan Hill said: “It’s great that our residents value the care they receive at Mills Meadow. Most of our scores across the four themes are really positive, which shows that life for our residents is happy and fulfilling.
“While we’re really pleased with our scores, we obviously want to get even better and the survey helps us do that by giving us direct resident feedback.
“Families can also see at a glance which care homes are committed to raising standards and being transparent as they take part in the survey. Every care home resident should be able to speak up about their care and this is what the Your Care Rating survey does – it gives them a voice.”
Across East Anglia the survey received responses from more than 700 residents from 34 care homes run by eight different operators.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 3 'Abandoned' cottage and studio up for sale after huge renovation
- 4 Suffolk cinema to allow dog owners to bring their pets to watch films
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Former Town striker Chopra out of retirement to join non-league club
- 8 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 9 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 10 Rail services disrupted after Needham Market bridge struck
Other high scorers include Broadlands in Lowestoft (967), The Dell, Beccles (959), Bucklesham Grange in Purdis Farm, near Ipswich (953) and Wade House, Stowmarket (952).
Survey organisers said the responses show a broadly positive picture of the state of care homes in East Anglia, which is at odds with the negative perception the care home sector often receives.
Douglas Quinn, chairman of Your Care Rating, said: “We need to listen much more to the people who actually live in care homes. They are best placed to judge if the care they receive is good or bad. This year the results show that most residents are very happy with their care – they are treated with dignity, kindness and respect and most care homes are actually doing a very good job.”
Visit www.yourcarerating.org to find all of this year’s results.