Mills Meadow care home in Framlingham receives one of the top scores in nationwide Your Care Survey
- Credit: Su Anderson
A care home in east Suffolk has received one of the highest scores in the UK’s largest survey of residents’ satisfaction.
Mills Meadow Care Home in Framlingham received an overall performance rating of 966 out of 1,000 in the Your Care Survey, which places it comfortably above the national average of 871 and very close to the top score of 995.
The home, operated by Care UK, also improved significantly on the previous year’s score of 850 and received top marks under a range of headings including tidiness, overall satisfaction, and speaking to senior members of staff.
Mills Meadow manager Susan Hill said: “It’s great that our residents value the care they receive at Mills Meadow. Most of our scores across the four themes are really positive, which shows that life for our residents is happy and fulfilling.
“While we’re really pleased with our scores, we obviously want to get even better and the survey helps us do that by giving us direct resident feedback.
You may also want to watch:
“Families can also see at a glance which care homes are committed to raising standards and being transparent as they take part in the survey. Every care home resident should be able to speak up about their care and this is what the Your Care Rating survey does – it gives them a voice.”
Across East Anglia the survey received responses from more than 700 residents from 34 care homes run by eight different operators.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
Other high scorers include Broadlands in Lowestoft (967), The Dell, Beccles (959), Bucklesham Grange in Purdis Farm, near Ipswich (953) and Wade House, Stowmarket (952).
Survey organisers said the responses show a broadly positive picture of the state of care homes in East Anglia, which is at odds with the negative perception the care home sector often receives.
Douglas Quinn, chairman of Your Care Rating, said: “We need to listen much more to the people who actually live in care homes. They are best placed to judge if the care they receive is good or bad. This year the results show that most residents are very happy with their care – they are treated with dignity, kindness and respect and most care homes are actually doing a very good job.”
Visit www.yourcarerating.org to find all of this year’s results.