Essex charity to hold wellbeing and drop-in events in Colchester as part of Mental Health Awareness Week
- Credit: PROMINENT
An Essex mental health charity is holding a series of events to offer information and raise awareness about problems such as anxiety, depression and stress.
Mid and North East Essex Mind is organising the programme to coincide with mental health awareness week, which runs May 14-20.
The charity is holding a “Wellbeing” event in Culver Square Shopping Centre in Colchester on from 10am-5pm on Thursday to raise awareness of the support available for people living with mental health issues.
A further drop in event, at the Debenhams Cafe in Culver Square will offer extra support from 10am-2pm that day. From 6pm a free screening of The Pursuit of Happyness film will be shown at Firstsite in Colchester.
Visit here to book tickets.
Stephanie Mills, marketing and fundraising manager at Mid and North East Essex Mind said: “Mental Health Awareness Week is an important opportunity to raise awareness of mental health and eliminate the stigma people living with a mental health problem face.
“Mid and North East Essex Mind are here for everyone in the area looking for help and support with their mental health, whether you are experiencing symptoms yourself or are concerned about someone else we can help.
“Please come along to one of our events, call us or visit our website for more information.”
Throughout the week copies of Mind’s publication, How to Manage Stress, by calling 01206 764600 or emailing.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
Mid and North East Essex Mind supports children, young people and adults across the area with counselling, peer support and practical support “to ensure that no one faces a mental health problem alone”.
Visit its website for a full list of services available.