Man remains under investigation after body discovery
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with the discovery of a woman’s body in Capel St Mary has been released under investigation.
Police were called to an address near Mill Hill at 12.50pm on February 17 following concerns for the welfare of an 88-year-old woman.
Ambulance crews were first on the scene, where they discovered the body of Miriam Rhodes, also known as Isobel, understood to have been a retired Woodbridge antiques dealer.
Her death was not initially believed to be suspicious, but detectives suspected there may have been third party involvement following further enquiries.
A 43-year-old man was arrested on March 10 and taken to Martlesham Heath police investigation centre, where he was questioned and released on bail until April 9.
You may also want to watch:
The bail period was the extended until Monday, when police said the man had been released from police bail but remains under investigation.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk