Miskowiak missing, but Sundstrom is back for Witches
NO-ONE needs to tell Chris Louis how special a talent Linus Sundstrom is.
The 19-year-old Swede returns to the Witches line-up tonight at Peterborough and already Suffolk fans are pleading with the home promotion to ‘sign him up’ full-time.
Sundstrom rides for Rye House in the Premier League, but doubles up for the Witches after impressing them in the 16-Lapper at the end of last season.
He has posted two impressive performances for the Witches on his two outings so far this season, something Louis acknowledges.
“I think Linus is the most accomplished rider I’ve seen since Tony Rickardsson,” Louis said.
You may also want to watch:
“Since Tony rode here, only Hans Andersen has compared with him in terms of ability and set-up.
“We know how good Linus is, and I can assure Ipswich fans we will be doing everything in our power to persuade him Ipswich is the club for him when he steps up.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 10 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
Sundstrom will be a key rider tonight as Ipswich will be without Robert Miskowiak, who is riding in a European Championship round in Austria. Ipswich will use rider replacement for him.
The return leg of this meeting is at Foxhall Stadium on Bank Holiday Monday, 2.30pm, where Ipswich will be using youngster Hugh Skidmore at reserve, with Sundstrom and Carl Wilkinson riding for their Premier League clubs.
Peterborough: 1 N Iversen, 2 U Ostergaard, 3 L Bridger, 4 K Bjerre, 5 T Batchelor, 6 L Eklof, 7 K Buczkowski.
Ipswich: 1 S Nicholls, 2 O Allen, 3 C Vissing, 4 D King, 5 R/R, 6 D Stachyra, 7 L Sundstrom.