Miss Teen Suffolk to be official face of Framlingham SausageFest 2015
Miss Teen Suffolk, and finalist for Miss Teen Great Britain, Emma Collingridge, who lives in Kesgrave, will officially open the event.
A former pupil at Kesgrave High School and now a sixth former at One, Emma, 17, wanted to get involved in the annual festival and approached its organisers, the Framlingham Business Association (FBA), earlier this year.
She undertook her first duties in promoting the event on Friday, and met with a number of the town’s businesses that are involved.
This year, Framlingham SausageFest will take place on October 10, and Emma will hand out prizes to the winners for Best Winter Sizzler and Best Gluten-Free Banger.
She said: “As a finalist in Miss Teen Great Britain I’m representing Suffolk. I’m really keen to be getting involved in events, charities and businesses from around Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“I heard about SausageFest through college. I thought I would just be helping with carparking or something, so when Jenny [Stockman, from the FBA] asked me to open the event and award prizes it was amazing to be given the opportunity.”
Ms Stockman said: “As organisers who are passionate about the development of young people through incorporating their skills into our planning, we are keen to facilitate opportunities within the confines of the event to build on Emma’s experience as well as the experience of the other young people involved in the event.”
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
For more information or to purchase tickets, which cost £5 each or £16 for a family ticket, with under fives for free, visit www.framsausagefest.co.uk