Missing climber - body found
A BODY found near Ben Nevis may be that of an Essex journalist who went missing while climbing in Scotland in February.A young couple came across the body of a man on Saturday afternoon while walking opposite the north face of Ben Nevis, where the snow cover has been melting in recent weeks.
By Juliette Maxam
A POST MORTEM result is set to be released today and will confirm whether a body found near Ben Nevis is that an Essex journalist who went missing while climbing in Scotland.
It is feared the body found by a young couple on Saturday could be that of Gavin Nightingale who was last seen in February.
Police said yesterday the post mortem had not been completed although a family liaison officer has been in touch with the 38-year-old's family in Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nightingale, a senior sub-editor at the Essex County Newspapers weekly series, is the only person to have gone missing in the area in recent months who remains untraced.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town