Woman dies after collision between car and pedestrian
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 50s has been killed in a collision between a car and a pedestrian.
The police were contacted just before 6.40pm with reports of a collision involving a pedestrian and a car on New Road, Mistley near the bowls club.
The vehicle, a silver Volvo V70, being driven from Lawford to Mistley, was in collision with a woman aged in her 50s.
The woman was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers say the road is currently closed and will remain shut for another couple of hours while investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with dash cam footage to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting incident number 890 of 21/10 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Suffolk man jailed after threatening to kill partner during row