Mobile home catches fire in Eye

Chimney fire in Sproughton (stock image).

Chimney fire in Sproughton (stock image).

Firefighters from Suffolk and Norfolk were called to a mobile home which caught alight in Eye this afternoon.

Crews from Stradbroke and Diss tackled the fire in Ranley Green Road from 3.58pm.

The mobile home was heavily smoke-logged and fire crews had to isolate both the electricity and gas supplies before trying to extinguish the fire using a water fog spray and one hose reel jet.

A woman who was inside the home was treated with oxygen as she was suffering with smoke inhalation.

The fire was put out by 4.33pm and firefighters used a high pressure fan to clear the smoke, as well as a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus