Mobility scooter purse thief sisters jailed
- Credit: Su Anderson
Two sisters have been jailed for the theft of a purse from a woman, 89, in Colchester.
Ceca Dadic, 24, and Silva Dadic, 19, both of Leven Walk, Bedford, targeted the victim while she was shopping and took the purse – containing a three-figure sum of cash – from the front basket of her mobility scooter.
Ceca Dadic was sentenced to six months’ imprisonment and made to pay a courts charge of £1,000, as well as being ordered to repay the money taken from the victim.
Silva Dadic was committed to a Young Offenders’ Institution for six months.
She was also made to pay the £1,000 courts charge and repay the money taken from the victim.
You may also want to watch:
The theft happened on April 23 in the High Street outlet of Marks & Spencer.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 9 Publican 'bitterly disappointed' as holiday home plans refused
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn