Popular model railway exhibition near Bury St Edmunds returns
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people are expected to visit a popular model railway exhibition in west Suffolk next month.
Bury St Edmunds Model Railway Club’s model exhibition will be held at Thurston College’s Beyton campus on Saturday, September 22, from 10am-4pm.
Last year, more than 550 people visited the event and the 2018 exhibition will feature 22 working model layouts and 18 traders, with seven of the layouts being new to the circuit.
The event supports two charities by donating exhibition space to both the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the My WiSH charity, which supports West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
Chris Day, exhibition manager, said he was particularly pleased to secure the Long Melford Junction layout, which is owned by Nigel Locke.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Bury St Edmunds Model Railway Club has been exceedingly fortunate to secure this layout for a one day show as due to the complexities and size (34ft long) of the layout it is usually only available for a two-day shows.”
Entry is £5 for adults and £4 for concessions. Under 14s, who must be accompanied by an adult, are free.
Further information is available at www.burystedmundsmrc.com
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab