Model wants your support
AN ASPIRING young model is hoping a national competition will kick-start her career.
Joanne Doust, from Sudbury, needs enough votes from the public to progress to the next stage of the UK Face of Fashion 2010.
The 19-year-old, who works as a barmaid at Club Infinity in the town, has passed the qualification stage for heat seven as she was able to secure 25 votes.
She now needs as many votes as possible to earn a place in the finals.
Miss Doust, a former Great Cornard Upper School pupil, said: “I really want people to vote for me so I can get noticed and I was hoping people will look at it the same as the X Factor or Britain’s Got Talent to vote for someone in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s what I have wanted to do and I have tried and this is a national competition so it would be really good if I could win.”
First prize includes becoming the cover girl or guy of FaceON Magazine, the chance to have your hair cut and styled by a celebrity stylist and make-up worth more than �365.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
There are also prizes for second and third place.
To vote for Miss Doust, of Second Avenue, text MODEL 1445 to 60040 or call 0901 3074000. The competition closes on October 31.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network charge and phone votes are 50p per call.
For more information visit www.faceoffashion.co.uk or Miss Doust’s Facebook page called Joanne Doust for Face of Fashion 2010.