Moggie Frank reunited with owners

WHEN mischievous moggie Frank went for a little walkabout, he had no idea that his adventures would be the subject of national attention.

Dave Gooderham

WHEN mischievous moggie Frank went for a little walkabout, he had no idea that his adventures would be the subject of national attention.

But the enduring image of the little Siamese cat getting his head stuck in a tyre was not only unusual - but has also led to a reunion with his frantic owners.

The one-year-old lost one of its nine lives after getting his head stuck in a car wheel on a military base.

You may also want to watch:

Despite a desperate search by owners, Lee and Chloe Nocton , Frank was unable to be found - with his unfortunate caper happening just five doors down from the concerned couple.

Now Mr and Mrs Nocton have spoken of their relief after Frank was found, cut free by firefighters and then safely reunited thanks to RSPCA officers.

Most Read

Mrs Nocton, who lives on the RAF Honington base with her military-serving husband, said: “I have to admit that we had begun to fear the worst.

“Frank can be quite mischievous but he doesn't normally go too far and he is more of a house cat. We looked everywhere - only to later find out he was stuck in a garden just five doors away.

“It was only when a friend of my dad's saw a picture of his head in the tyre that we realised it was Frank. We are so relieved to have him back. The RSPCA officers were brilliant and Frank is doing fine - we are spoiling him even more now.”

The couple, who only moved to the base in October, also praised the action of fire-fighters who painstakingly used hydraulic cutting equipment to free Frank as its head peeped through the small hole in the middle of the wheel.

Watch manager James Fawcett, from Bury St Edmunds fire station, where the rescue took place, estimated the cat might have been stuck in the tyre for a few hours before she was found.

Following the ordeal, RSPCA animal collection officer, Justin Stubbs, looked after the cat - which had been christened Casper - until the owners were found.

He said: “He was quite laid back about the whole thing really and slept a lot. He was certainly none worse the wear. It is always nice when a cat can be returned to its rightful owners, whatever the circumstances.”

Mr Stubbs also said the incident highlighted the importance of micro-chipping pets adding: “This can save the RSPCA time and money in re-homing pets and owners a lot of heartache.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus