Moped fire spreads to home

A PERSON was taken to hospital after a suspicious moped blaze spread to the front of a home.

Emergency services were called to Stoven Close in Lowestoft at 2.11am today after a a moped was reported to be on fire.

One person had suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to James Paget Hospital for further assessment and treatment.

A spokesperson for the fire service said that the fire had spread to the front of a nearby house, and the property was checked for further hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.

Police said that the fire, which had been brought under control by 2.36am, was suspicious.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus