Moped rider left with ‘nasty’ break to leg after crash in Boxted
- Credit: Archant
Road policing officers have praised a moped rider for wearing protective clothing – and said it saved him from more serious injury after a crash.
Emergency services were called to the crash in Straight Road, Boxted, at the junction with Horkesley Road, around 2.30pm today.
The moped rider, a teenager from Dedham, was taken to Colchester General Hospital with a serious injury, described by police as a “nasty break” to his leg.
A 23-year-old woman who was behind the wheel of a blue Vauxhall Corsa involved in the crash was reported for careless driving, meaning she will be invited to attend a safer driving course.
Sgt Jason Dearsley, from the Stanway Road Policing Unit at Essex Police, said: “The moped rider had proper protective equipment on which is important, because a lot of riders do not. That has saved him from more serious injury.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to remind all road users that when the sun is low and the weather is poor to take more care. Motorcyclists should ride defensively and consider if other drivers have seen them, and motorists should ‘Think bike’ and look twice.”
Sgt Dearsley also praised a number of witnesses and other motorists who stopped to give assistance at the scene.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results