More drink-drivers caught during Christmas campaign named by Essex Police
- Credit: Archant
Two more drink-drivers from Suffolk and north-east Essex caught over the Christmas period have been named by police.
Essex Police, like most other forces including Suffolk Constabulary, ran an annual drink and drug driving campaign from December 1 to January 1. A total of 148 people were arrested for either offence.
Spencer Rampling, 20, of Heath Road, East Bergholt, was arrested for drink-driving in Ipswich Road in Colchester at around 11pm on December 29.
He was disqualified for 14 months, fined £230, and was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge, Essex Police said today.
Andrew Smith, 54, of Church Street, Witham, was arrested for drink-driving in Church Street in Witham at around 10.50am on December 15.
You may also want to watch:
He was disqualified for 12 months, fined £120, and was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge for drink driving.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock