Twelve fire vehicles rush to blaze in north Suffolk
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Eight crews have been been called to the scene of a serious fire in a small village between Bungay and Beccles.
Firefighters were called at 12:12pm today to reports of a farm building on fire at Great Common Farm, Top Road, Ilketshall St Andrew.
The building, which housed a fuel tank and is suspected to have contained some asbestos, is 50x50m in size.
There are twelve vehicles and eight crews currently in attendance.
There is reportedly nothing to suggest that any people or animals were at risk.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police received a call from firefighters at 12.50pm today requesting officers to assist with traffic control.
A spokesperson for the constabulary said: “The road is totally blocked. There is an officer at one end with a sign.”
The fire has since been extinguished.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?