More trains to Norfolk for Sky Bet Championship clash between Ipswich Town and Norwich City on March 1
There are going to be more trains running between Ipswich and Norwich when their respective football clubs meet on March 1.
The highly anticipated game between Ipswich Town and Norwich City, at the latter’s Carrow Road ground, kicks off at 2.05pm and will be live on Sky Sports.
Abellio Greater Anglia, which operates trains on the Great Eastern Main Line between the two locations and on to Colchester and London, has now announced extra services will be run for fans travelling to the match.
In addition to the scheduled services there will be an extra train running from Ipswich, as well as one each from Lowestoft and Thetford, to Norwich.
The same towns will be served by return trains after the game.
Before the match:
• 12.35pm Ipswich to Norwich, calling at Stowmarket (12.46pm) and arriving Norwich 1.16pm
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 6 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 9 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
• 12.35pm Lowestoft to Norwich, calling at Oulton Broad North (12.39pm), Somerleyton (12.45pm), Haddiscoe (12.49pm), Reedham (12.58pm), Cantley (1.02pm), Brundall (1.09pm), Brundall Gardens (1.12pm) and arriving Norwich 1.21pm
• 12.55pm Thetford to Norwich, calling at Attleborough (1.10pm), Wymondham (1.17pm) and arriving Norwich 1.35pm
After the match:
• 4.21pm Norwich to Ipswich, calling at Stowmarket (4.49pm) and arriving Ipswich 5.02pm
• 4.25pm Norwich to Lowestoft, calling at Brundall Gardens (4.33pm), Brundall (4.36pm), Cantley (4.42pm), Reedham (4.46pm), Haddiscoe (4.55pm), Somerleyton (4.59pm), Oulton Broad North (5.05pm) and arriving Lowestoft 5.11pm
• 4.31pm Norwich to Thetford, calling at Wymondham (4.44pm), Attleborough (4.51pm) and arriving Thetford 5.06pm