More trains to Norfolk for Sky Bet Championship clash between Ipswich Town and Norwich City on March 1
There are going to be more trains running between Ipswich and Norwich when their respective football clubs meet on March 1.
The highly anticipated game between Ipswich Town and Norwich City, at the latter’s Carrow Road ground, kicks off at 2.05pm and will be live on Sky Sports.
Abellio Greater Anglia, which operates trains on the Great Eastern Main Line between the two locations and on to Colchester and London, has now announced extra services will be run for fans travelling to the match.
In addition to the scheduled services there will be an extra train running from Ipswich, as well as one each from Lowestoft and Thetford, to Norwich.
The same towns will be served by return trains after the game.
You may also want to watch:
Before the match:
• 12.35pm Ipswich to Norwich, calling at Stowmarket (12.46pm) and arriving Norwich 1.16pm
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
• 12.35pm Lowestoft to Norwich, calling at Oulton Broad North (12.39pm), Somerleyton (12.45pm), Haddiscoe (12.49pm), Reedham (12.58pm), Cantley (1.02pm), Brundall (1.09pm), Brundall Gardens (1.12pm) and arriving Norwich 1.21pm
• 12.55pm Thetford to Norwich, calling at Attleborough (1.10pm), Wymondham (1.17pm) and arriving Norwich 1.35pm
After the match:
• 4.21pm Norwich to Ipswich, calling at Stowmarket (4.49pm) and arriving Ipswich 5.02pm
• 4.25pm Norwich to Lowestoft, calling at Brundall Gardens (4.33pm), Brundall (4.36pm), Cantley (4.42pm), Reedham (4.46pm), Haddiscoe (4.55pm), Somerleyton (4.59pm), Oulton Broad North (5.05pm) and arriving Lowestoft 5.11pm
• 4.31pm Norwich to Thetford, calling at Wymondham (4.44pm), Attleborough (4.51pm) and arriving Thetford 5.06pm