Fourth suspect arrested over stabbing released on bail
- Credit: Archant
A 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder in connection with a stabbing in Bury St Edmunds has been bailed.
Officers were called shortly after 11.35pm on October 25, following reports that a man had been stabbed in the car park outside The Moreton Hall pub in Lawson Place.
The victim was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with life-threatening injuries, where he remains in a stable condition.
Police taped off a large area near the pub and the car park outside it while investigation work took place at the scene.
Yesterday, a 32-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he was questioned and subsequently released on bail until November 25.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing a helicopter landing in the nearby Heldhaw field, and said it was there for more than an hour before taking off.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
There was a huge police presence on the Moreton Hall estate in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It was not a random attack, they said, and is believed to be targeted.
Three other suspects have also been arrested.
A 29-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on October 28. He has been released on bail until November 25.
A 29-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds and a 24-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder on October 26. The 24-year-old was released on bail until November 18 and the 29-year-old was released under investigation.
One woman, who lives nearby but did not want to give her name, said: "It's horrifying. It's one thing after another. It's so sad."
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has knowledge of the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/64977/19.