Morning travel: Latest on Suffolk’s roads
MOTORISTS can expect little disruption to their journeys across Suffolk during this morning’s rush hour.
With no delays currently reported on the county’s main routes drivers will have only roadworks to contend with.
The rail lines are also trouble free for commuters travelling in and out of the county, with few delays and no major problems.
Drivers will face minor delays in Ipswich with roadworks in Bury Road, expected to continue this morning.
The road is closed in both directions at the junction with Goddard Road and diversions are in place via Norwich Road, Whitehouse Road, Goddard Road East and Bury Road.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile major roadworks at the Duke Street roundabout in Ipswich, near to University Campus Suffolk continue.
And underground service work and water main work in Bury St Edmunds are affecting traffic using Springfield Road. Roadworks in Rougham Road are expected to end today.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
Weather forecasters have said today will remain cloudy with a few light showers, followed by a longer spell of rain this evening.
Temperatures are expected to peak at around 14C today with the mercury dropping to around 7C overnight as the cloud clears.
Tomorrow we will see a mixture of sunny spells and generally isolated, light showers with temperatures up to a maximum of 14C.
While on Sunday it looks as though we will enjoy a fine and dry day with patchy cloud, sunny spells and highs of 15C.
- For more weather details, or a specific forecast, speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 77 76 75. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.