Morse and Lewis are the perfect double act
- Credit: Archant
Do these two look like Sudbury’s most dynamic crime-fighting duo?
Well that is exactly what their owner had in mind when he named them Morse and Lewis - after his favourite inspector and his trusted side-kick.
David Riddlestone, of Chaucer Road, Sudbury, said: “Our previous two cats lived to almost 20 and on losing them I said ‘no more’.
“But when our daughter’s cat had kittens my wife went on and on about having two replacements, so I said only if I could name them.
“Lewis and Morse, I said.”
You may also want to watch:
Wife June was not convinced and suggested he try again.
“Abbott and Costello was second choice,” said Mr Riddlestone. “So Lewis and Morse it was!
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
“I would have had a third cat but Hathaway was a name too far.”
Mr Riddlestone admits to being a huge Morse fan and added: “I think I have every episode they made on DVD, hence the names. You can always guarantee a smile when telling anyone their names”.
He added: “Morse, as you would guess, is the boss and is a bit of a rover and Lewis is a stay at home cat.
Earlier this week, reporter Ellis Barker told how her cat was named after her mum’s favourite clothing store, Monsoon. And photographer Gregg Brown revealed his cat was named after the road in which they lived.
How did your pets get their names?
Share your stories about how your animals were named, send us details via email - and don’t forget to include a photo of you and your beloved pet.