‘Shut up or we’ll punch you’ - Mother and daughter accused of assaulting train passengers in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters were allegedly punched in the head and had clumps of hair pulled out after being told to “shut up” during a train journey in north Essex.
British Transport Police (BTP) has released a CCTV image of two women officers would like to speak to following an alleged assault on a train between Colchester and Harwich Town.
The two sister were talking and laughing on the train when they were approached by two women – believed to be mother and daughter – at just before 6.10pm on Wednesday, March 14.
They told the sisters to “shut up” or they would punch them.
After an exchange of words, the sisters were both assaulted with punches to the head and body, and clumps of hair pulled out.
You may also want to watch:
“The assault left them both with bruising and other injuries,” said a spokesman for BTP.
Officers would like to speak to the women in these images as it is believed they may have information which could help the investigation.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
Anyone with information is asked to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40 or by texting 61016, with reference 548 of March 14.