Teenage motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with forklift truck
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A motorcyclist has been injured in a collision with a truck in Bury St Edmunds.
Police were called to the scene of the crash in Eastgate Street at 10am this morning.
The teenage motorcyclist is believed to have suffered a hip injury, but the damage is not thought to be life-threatening.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: "We were called at 9.56am with reports of a collision in Eastgate Street, Bury St Edmunds.
"We sent one ambulance. One man was taken to West Suffolk Hospital for further treatment."
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said at the time of the incident that motorists should expect delays in the area.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties