Air ambulance on A12 after serious crash sends motorcyclist to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital after a serious crash on the A12 between Marks Tey and Colchester, leaving drivers at a standstill.
The vehicle was a motorcycle combination which left the road and crashed in the nearside hedgerow.
A woman who was a passenger in the vehicle has injuries not believed to be serious.
She has been taken to hospital locally, however the rider is being taken by air ambulance to hospital in London with serious injuries.
At this time these are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
There is a backlog of traffic due to the incident, which stretches between junction 25 on the A12 near Marks Tey and the crown interchange in Colchester.
The road has been reopened in both directions and traffic is moving slowly southbound.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
Traffic near Colchester is also being affected, with police advising drivers to avoid the scene of possible.