Motorbiker dies after crash
A MOTORBIKER has died after a crash in Suffolk this morning.
A MOTORBIKER has died after a crash in Suffolk today.
Police were called to a crash involving a Ford Focus and a motorcycle, in Rotterdam Road, Lowestoft, just after 10.45am.
The 61-year-old man riding the motorcycle was taken by ambulance to the James Paget Hospital with serious injuries, but he died a short time ago.
The road was closed while investigations were carried out at the scene but was re-opened at around 3.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to the smash and are asking anyone who may have seen it to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border