Motorbiker held over teenager's death
By Ted JeoryA MOTORCYCLIST has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous after a 14-year-old boy was killed outside a school.More than 200 students at Great Baddow High School watched in horror as one of their classmates was involved in a fatal collision with a motorbike outside the school gates yesterday.
By Ted Jeory
A MOTORCYCLIST has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a 14-year-old boy was killed outside a school.
More than 200 students at Great Baddow High School watched in horror as one of their classmates was involved in a fatal collision with a motorbike outside the school gates yesterday.
The children were leaving the Dorset Avenue school at about 3.30pm when the accident happened.
Two ambulances, a paramedic rapid response vehicle and the air ambulance were called to the crash scene.
The youngster - who has not been named, but who comes from Chelmsford - suffered serious head injuries and a cardiac arrest.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
He was airlifted to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, where a trauma team was waiting on standby, but the teenager did not survive.
Essex Ambulance Service senior operations manager, Adrian Maasz, said: “This was a very difficult job for all the crews.
“Seeing a youngster hurt like this is always traumatic - and especially so for the hundreds of other children who probably saw what happened.
“All crews, including the control room staff who took the calls, will be offered critical incident debriefing.”
A spokesman for Essex Police said last night: “A man is in custody after officers arrested him on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.”