Motorcyclist dies in collision with taxi
A MOTORCYCLIST has tragically died in a collision with a black London taxi.
The fatal crash happened at just after 7.30pm yesterday on the A1060 Roxwell Road, near Newland Hall, on the outskirts of Chelmsford.
The collision involved a black Suzuki GSXR1000 motorcycle being ridden by a 29-year-old man from Harlow and a black London taxi, which was being driven by a 40-year-old man from Sawbridgeworth.
Steven Martin, of Greygoose Park, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for Essex police said that the motorcyclist had been travelling towards Chelmsford and the taxi was travelling in the opposite direction.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses are asked to contact Pc Alan Barlow at the Central road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border