Motorcyclist dies in van crash
A MOTORCYCLIST died in a collision with a van on a Suffolk road yesterday.
Emergency services were called to the A143 at Hepworth shortly after 4.15pm, after receiving reports of a crash between a white Ford Transit van and a biker.
The accident, which has taken place near to the industrial estate close to Bury Road, left the road closed in both directions.
The air ambulance attended to treat the motorcyclist, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road remained closed for several hours while officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team investigated the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put in place northbound at the B1111 at Stanton.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the crash to contact officers of the collision team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club