Motorcyclist flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries after crash in Halstead
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Emergency services including an air ambulance crew were sent to the scene of a serious crash in north Essex this morning.
Paramedics and police officers were called to Pennypot Corner in Halstead to reports of a crash between two cars and a motorbike.
They arrived to find a white KTM bike had collided with a blue Volvo XC90 and a red Peugeot 107.
A 21-year-old man, who was riding the motorbike, was flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries. These are not thought to be life-threatening.
The drivers of the cars were uninjured.
Police shut the road between its junctions with Russell’s Road and Plaistow Green Road from 11am to allow crash investigators to work at the scene.
Traffic travelling between Halstead and High Garrett has been affected, but officers say the section of road is due to be re-opened at around 3pm today.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 9 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
• Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information should contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit by dialling 101.
Dash cam footage can be sent to email@example.com