Motorcyclist hurt in rush hour collision
A MOTORCYCLIST was seriously injured in an accident which bought traffic chaos to Colchester's rush hour.
A MOTORCYCLIST was injured in an accident which bought traffic chaos to Colchester's rush hour.
The man was feared to have suffered internal injuries in a collision with a silver Ford Focus in Remembrance Avenue at 5.15pm today.
Some reports said an off-duty nurse, who went to the aid of the injured man, had to give him life-saving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation in the road as shocked drivers looked on.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services closed the busy route for 40 minutes as the motorcyclist was treated at the scene and then taken by ambulance to Colchester General Hospital.
His condition was initially described as “serious” but it later emerged he had only suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
The accident bought rush hour chaos to the town as motorists tried to find alternate routes around the road closure.
The female driver of the Ford was arrested by police for matters unrelated to the accident and was still in police custody last night.