Motorcyclist hurt in rush hour collision
A MOTORCYCLIST was seriously injured in an accident which bought traffic chaos to Colchester's rush hour.
A MOTORCYCLIST was injured in an accident which bought traffic chaos to Colchester's rush hour.
The man was feared to have suffered internal injuries in a collision with a silver Ford Focus in Remembrance Avenue at 5.15pm today.
Some reports said an off-duty nurse, who went to the aid of the injured man, had to give him life-saving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation in the road as shocked drivers looked on.
Emergency services closed the busy route for 40 minutes as the motorcyclist was treated at the scene and then taken by ambulance to Colchester General Hospital.
His condition was initially described as “serious” but it later emerged he had only suffered minor injuries.
- 1 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 6 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 7 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Striker Jackson signs new Town deal
- 9 Teenager arrested after six people injured on university campus
- 10 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
The accident bought rush hour chaos to the town as motorists tried to find alternate routes around the road closure.
The female driver of the Ford was arrested by police for matters unrelated to the accident and was still in police custody last night.