Motorcyclist killed on Suffolk road
A 60-year-old biker has been killed after an horrific crash on the A143 at Horringer, near Bury St Edmunds.Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the accident which involved a motorcycle and two cars, a Saab and a Mercedes Benz.
A 60-year-old biker has been killed after an horrific crash on the A143 at Horringer, near Bury St Edmunds.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the accident which involved a motorcycle and two cars, a Saab and a Mercedes Benz.
The rider, thought to be from the Ipswich area, was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The A143 at Horringer was shut after the accident, which happened shortly before 3pm, and police crash investigators were still on scene at 8pm last night looking for clues as to the cause.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Suffolk force said: "A full investigation is underway and we are appealing for any witnesses who saw the accident to make contact."
Anybody with information about the crash should contact PC Nicholas Spencer at Bury Road Policing Unit on 01284 774100.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 5 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 8 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 9 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 10 Suffolk 'can't afford' to repair or clear 700 damaged road signs