Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash
A SUFFOLK motorcyclist was today being treated for serious injuries after his bike was in an early morning accident on rural road.
The accident on the B1119 just outside Leiston left the motorcyclist with “potentially life-changing” injuries. No one else was hurt in the accident.
Police closed the road at the corner near the Saxmundham road level crossing soon after the 7am accident. It was closed until shortly after 11am.
The 750cc Honda motorcycle was being ridden by a 39-year-old man from Leiston. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with serious lower back injuries and medical staff warned they were potentially life-threatening.
He was undergoing tests, including a CT scan.
You may also want to watch:
He was in collision with a white Mitsubishi drop-side lorry, driven by an Ufford man.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021